Welcome to WWW pages of the Department of Complex Physical Systems.
The department is a part of the
Institute of Physics of the
Slovak Academy of Sciences in Bratislava, Slovakia.
Research in the department consists of theoretical investigations
of various complex physical systems by analytical and numerical means.
Main topics are currently:
- computer modelling of condensed-matter systems (Center for Computational Material Science),
- statistical mechanics of low-dimensional coulombic systems,
- transport processes in quasi one-dimensional structures,
and efficiency in quantum information processing,
- hadron properties in dense QCD matter and extremal fields,
- the mechanism of confinement and symmetry breaking in gauge theories on the lattice and on the light front.
Click on links (left) to find more information on the staff and activities
of the department.
For the Slovak version of these pages: click on the Slovak flag (left).
Follow us on Twitter:
A warning on "Search" (upper left corner): Some of Czech and Slovak names and surnames contain letters with diacritical signs (e.g. Š, č, š, á, í, ě, etc.). If you omit them, the search engine fails to find some pages. It is therefore advisable to look also for parts of the name without these signs (e.g. if you are interested in pages containing the word "Trenčín", look for "Trenčín" or "Tren" or "Tre", "Trencin" would not always work).* * * * * * *
- Our colleague Štefan Olejník, former department head, retired on Dec. 31, 2017, and left the Institute of Physics. [News added
on Jan. 1,
- Results of the group of Ivan Štich et al. were published in the renowned journal Nature Physics. [News added
on Apr. 11,
- In January 2016, our Department was joined by two new
members, Krisztián Palotás, supported by the
SASPRO Fellowship of SAS, and Matej Pivoluska,
supported by the Štefan Schwarz Fellowship of
on Jan. 13,
- In November 2015, our Department was joined by two new
members, Juraj Boháčik and Peter Filip,
formerly at the Department of Theoretical Physics.
on Dec. 17,
Check for news in Slovak.